The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has set conditions under which opposition Citizens’ Coalition for Change (CCC) led by Nelson Chamisa can only be allowed to hold its rally. Among other conditions, CCC is prohibited from busing members from other constituencies. Pindula News presents the list of conditions below:
Citizen Coalition for Change
House Number 8533
Paul MADZORE: Provincial Organising Secretary: 0772 353 326 / 0773 589 305
RE: NOTIFICATION TO HOLD BY-ELECTIONS STAR RALLY IN TERMS OF THE MAINTENANCE OF PEACE AND ORDER ACT ‘CHAPTER 11:23/ ZIMBABWE GROUNDS, HIGHFIELD, HARARE: 20 FEBRUARY 2022: 1200-1600 HOURS
I refer to your letter in connection to the above subject matter.
Your notification to hold a public meeting has been noted subject to the strict observation of the following instructions:-
• You are expected to control the behaviour of your political party members before, during and after the launch.
• You should not alter the venue and time of your launch.
• Your political members shall not intimidate passers-by and those who have nothing to do with your launch.
• You shall not block, the thoroughfares and roads around the venue of your launch.
• Busing in of people from other constituencies is strictly prohibited.
• Your members shall not be involved in toyi-toying, convoying of vehicles or people chanting slogans and singing and disseminating hateful and defaming information.
• Your marshals shall be dressed in a uniform that will make it easier to be identified by the police and a list of the marshals shall be presented to the office who will be responsible for police security at your meeting.
• Carrying of dangerous weapons, at your gathering shall be strictly prohibited.
• You shall ensure the peaceful dispersal of your gathering from the meeting.
• Any deviation from the above will result in police dispersing your gathering.
• Co-operation with all government agencies is highly appreciated.
• You are directed to observe and stick to COVID-19 regulations.