The Zimbabwe Media Commission (ZMC) has invited suitable candidates to fill the Chief Executive Officer that has risen in the commission. We present the vacancy notice:
VACANCY NOTICE ZIMBABWE MEDIA COMMISSION [ZMC] SECRETARY / CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Zimbabwe Media Commission (ZMC), established in terms of the Constitution of Zimbabwe Amendment Act (No 20) Sections 248, 249, 250 and Zimbabwe Media Commission Ad (2021), is one of the Chapter 12 Commissions whose role among others is to regulate the media industry in Zimbabwe. The Commission is also responsible for promoting media freedom and access to information. The ZMC Board of Commissioners invites qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the position of Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer. The position holder reports to the Board of Commissioners.
The Commission Secretary/Chief Executive shall be responsible for the following:
• Providing strategic, proactive and effective leadership for the Commission’s operations
• Supervising and managing the Commission’s staff, activities, funds and property
• Providing advice and guidance on media policy matters, laws and regulations including amendments
• Preparing strategic and development plans for the Commission
• Providing guidance and advice in media policy matters or changes
• Establishing, developing and maintaining strategic relationships, knowledge sharing, partnerships and collaboration between ZMC and other Chapter 12 Commissions, other public and private sector entities, NG0s, donors and multi-lateral agencies.
• Performing such other functions as may be assigned by the Board of Commissioners
• The applicant must have demonstrable leadership capabilities to lead a large and complex institution with a brooder, expanded mandate
• The applicant is required to have a comprehensive understanding of Zimbabwean media laws, regulations and statutes administered by the Commission
• Excellent planning and organizing skills required in managing assigned projects to accomplish work objectives
• Provides the Commission with effective leadership anchored on high ethical standards
• Good interpersonal and engagement skills
• Excellent stakeholder engagement, networking and management skills
A Master’s Degree or PhD/DPhil in Media, Communications or Journalism, Law or a relevant Social Science degree from a reputable institution.
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in media, journalism, communications or law.
▪ At least 5 years of experience at the executive management level.
• Experience in public sector management or public administration would be an advantage
• Regional or international exposure will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications, accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications by 28th February 2022 All applications should be e-mailed to the ZMC Board Chairperson on email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title as “ZMC Secretary CEO position.”