The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 30 JUNE 2022 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 02 JULY 2022.
The rain-bearing system circulating moisture over Zimbabwe led to light rain and cloudy conditions over much of the country.
Heavier falls were over the Eastern Highlands, namely areas such as Mukandi (16mm), Chisengu (13mm), and Chipinge (10mm), as additional moisture was fed in from the southeastern coast of Southern Africa.
This moisture emanating from the Indian Ocean is coupled with cold south-easterly winds which are now steadily losing momentum.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 01 JULY 2022
Clouds should start breaking over the western parts of the country, namely Matabeleland North and the western parts of Matabeleland South (Bulilima, Mangwe and Matobo districts) into Bulawayo Metropolitan Province.
All other areas (Masvingo, Midlands, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces) are expected to be mostly cloudy and cool with light rain showers in Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces.
- Cold conditions may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
- Rain and drizzle may affect your outdoor activities, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Rain forms a thin slippery layer on road surfaces which reduces grip and traction.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- An umbrella or raincoat may be essential if one needs to be outside for prolonged periods of time.
- Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
- Field crops that may be affected by rain need to be stored in a dry place.
- Roads may be slippery due to the rainfall, please drive carefully.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy and mild – (Temperatures – 09/20)
- Kariba: Cloudy and mild – (Temperatures – 13/26)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 10/16)
- Nyanga: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 08/12)
- Vumba: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 09/14)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 06/16)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 08/12)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 02 JULY 2022
Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North, Midlands and western parts of Masvingo should be partly cloudy and warmer than of late, though cold both morning and evening.
Mostly cloudy and cold morning conditions are anticipated in Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland, eastern areas of Masvingo and all Mashonaland Provinces with light rain in places.
It is expected to be less cloudy by afternoon with a few sunny breaks making it a warmer end of a cold week.