ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 27 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 29 DECEMBER 2021.
Cloudy and humid conditions over the country resulted in scattered thunderstorms and rain yesterday.
Notable falls were at Chimanimani Bumba (92mm), Gwanda (33mm), Buhera (19mm), Buffalo range (17mm), Masvingo(15mm) and Mukandi(12mm). All the other falls were less than 10mm.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 28 DECEMBER
Isolated thunderstorms are expected in provinces such as Masvingo, parts of Midlands, Bulawayo Metropolitan and all Matabeleland provinces with brief cloudy periods and warm to hot daytime conditions.
All other areas (parts of Midlands, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland provinces) should have scattered clouds with warm to hot daytime conditions. It should be mild in the morning and evening with a predominantly north-easterly airflow.
- Lightning and hailstorms are a major risk during this period.
- Localized heavy downpours remain probable.
- Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors for at least 30 minutes after the thunderstorms have ended. These are precautionary measures to reduce the chances of being struck by lightning.
- Note that lightning can strike from a large distance; thus if you can hear thunder within 30 seconds of seeing lightning, then you are close enough to get struck. Go into a vehicle or a house.
- Insure crops against adverse weather such as hailstorms.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy with thunderstorms (Temperatures – 20/33)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 21/34)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy with thunderstorms (Temperatures – 20/33)
- Nyanga: Partly and cloudy warm – 16/28)
- Vumba: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 17/28)
- Matopos: Cloudy and thunderstorms (Temperatures – 16/31)
- Chimanimani: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 18/26)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 29 DECEMBER 2021
Mostly cloudy and warm daytime conditions with scattered afternoon thunderstorms are expected across the country. It should be mild in the morning and evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department