The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 27 APRIL 2022 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 29 APRIL 2022.
Rain and drizzle occurred over Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Midlands, Manicaland, Harare metropolitan, Mashonaland East and Mashonaland West.
Notable falls were recorded at Buffalo Range (12mm), Chipinge (5mm) and Zaka (4mm).
Meanwhile, a cool and moist southeasterly airflow is being drifted into the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 28 APRIL 2022
It should be mostly cloudy and cool with chances of rain and drizzle over Matabeleland South, Masvingo, parts of Midlands, Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces.
The rest of the country should be briefly cloudy and warm with chances of isolated showers.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the body’s health, with asthma and other respiratory-related illnesses being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Please ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm during these wintry nights.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 15/27)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and warm – (20/30)
- Great Zimbabwe: Briefly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 16/18)
- Nyanga: Briefly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/17)
- Vumba: Briefly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 13/19)
- Matopos: Briefly cloudy with light rain showers (Temperatures – 14/25)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 15/24)
FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 29 APRIL 2022
It should be partly cloudy and warm over the Harare metropolitan, parts of Manicaland and all Mashonaland provinces with chances of isolated showers.
The rest of the country should be briefly cloudy becoming mostly sunny and warm.