The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 25 JUNE 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 27 JUNE 2022.
Cold morning conditions were experienced in much of the country with mostly clear skies except for some areas in northern parts of Mashonaland Central and East provinces which were cloudy.
It became cloudy and cool by afternoon in Manicaland, Mashonaland East, Mashonaland Central, and Harare Metropolitan Provinces.
Meanwhile, pressure is rising over the southeast coast of South Africa.
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Manicaland, and southern parts of Midlands Provinces: It should be windy and cold in the morning with patchy rain and drizzle.
It should be cool in the afternoon. Mashonaland East, Matabeleland North, northern district of Midlands, Mashonaland West and Central, and Harare Metropolitan Provinces should be partly cloudy, cold morning, and windy becoming cool by midday.
Isolated showers are expected in Mashonaland West and Central provinces.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- The dry-vegetative conditions coupled with the wind factor tend to make veldt fires more rampant during this period. These can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
- Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
- Construct fire guards that are at least 9 meters wide and keep them free from any vegetative or combustible material. It is illegal to start veldt fires for any purpose, even for land clearing.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy, windy and cool – (Temperatures – 11/22)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy, windy and cool – (Temperatures – 12/26)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy, windy and drizzly (Temperatures – 10/17)
- Nyanga: Cloudy, windy and drizzly (Temperatures – 08/12)
- Vumba: Cloudy, windy and drizzly (Temperatures – 09/18)
- Matopos: Cloudy, windy and drizzly (Temperatures – 08/19)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy, windy and drizzly (Temperatures – 10/18)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 27 JUNE 2022
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo, Masvingo, Manicaland, and southern parts of Midlands, Mashonaland East, Provinces: It should be cloudy, windy, and cold with a patchy drizzle.
Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland Central and West, and districts to the north of Midlands Provinces are expected to have brief cloudy periods, cold morning, and windy becoming cool by midday.