The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Sunday 25 December 2022 valid until Tuesday 27 December 2022:
Christmas Day, 25 December 2022, has been mostly sunny and warm across the country, with relatively less humid air being circulated in the rain-bearing region of the atmosphere.
Meanwhile, a spate of moist wind is slowly encroaching on the southeastern coastline of Southern Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, MONDAY 26 DECEMBER 2022
Mostly clear skies and mild morning conditions are expected countrywide, becoming hot by the afternoon. It should be slightly windy and mild toward evening.
The Spirit of Boxing Day: Boxing Day was a day when the less privileged would get boxed presents/food hampers a day after Christmas.
- Hot daytime conditions may lead to dehydration
- High afternoon temperatures may lead to increased evapotranspiration
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- If possible, wear sunscreen or/and a sunhat when engaged in outdoor activities.
- Where moisture stress is noted in plant, irrigation might be necessary. This need is reduced in plots where Pfumvudza/Intwasa was practiced.
- Be Weather-ready and climate-smart; always plan with the weather in mind.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- Ensure areas that store stagnated water are eliminated or reduced, these tend to be breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Where elimination is not possible, the ponds can be treated to reduce the proliferation of these vectors.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR TUESDAY 27 DECEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy, windy and mild morning conditions are expected in districts such as Beitbridge, Chiredzi, and Chipinge.
All other areas should be mostly sunny and mild at first. Hot afternoon conditions are anticipated countrywide, becoming mild towards evening.