ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 24 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2021.
Widespread thunderstorms were reported in the country with isolated heavier falls in the eastern half of the country where Chibero recorded (51mm), Kutsaga (29mm) and Buffalo Range (21mm).
This is because the cloud system that was sitting over the country has moved eastwards as it prepares for its exit.
Meanwhile, Matabeleland South, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces were cloudy and cool in the morning with patchy drizzle.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2021
Scattered thunderstorms in warm and partly cloudy conditions are expected in Harare Metropolitan Province, all the Mashonaland provinces and the Manicaland province.
Matabeleland North and the northern parts of Midlands provinces should be mostly sunny with chances of afternoon outbreaks of thundershowers.
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces should be mostly cloudy and cool in the morning with chances of drizzle, becoming warm as the day progresses.
- Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with chances of a shower (Temperatures – 16/32)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with chances of a shower (Temperatures – 23/35)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 14/23)
- Nyanga: Cloudy with chances of morning drizzle – 10/20)
- Vumba: Cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 12/22)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy with chances of a shower (Temperatures – 13/26)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy with chances of morning drizzle (Temperatures – 11/23)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2021
Cloudy and cooler conditions with chances of morning drizzle should persist in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces.
Matabeleland North province, Harare Metropolitan Province, all the Mashonaland provinces and the northern parts of Manicaland province should expect partly cloudy conditions with chances of Isolated thunderstorms. It should be cool in the morning, becoming warm as the day progresses.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department