The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 21 AUGUST 2022 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 23 AUGUST 2022.
It was cold in the early hours of today with a ground frost in Matopos, West Nicholson, and Kezi.
It rapidly became windy and cloudy over Masvingo, Matabeleland South, and Manicaland provinces.
All other areas were mostly sunny and warm, with a cooling breeze time and again.
FORECAST: TOMORROW MONDAY 22 AUGUST 2022.
It should be cloudy, windy, and cold over parts of Matabeleland South, Masvingo, and Manicaland provinces, becoming less cloudy as the day progresses.
The remaining provinces should be mostly sunny and warm, though cold both morning and evening.
- Cold morning conditions may affect vulnerable members of society.
- Dry conditions increase the chances of runaway veldt fires.
- Temperatures are gradually rising over much of the country, this, in turn, increases the risk of dehydration in vulnerable members of the society.
- Night conditions are becoming less cold and daytime weather is becoming summery.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm in the morning to reduce the risk of cold-related diseases such as influenza.
- Avoid starting unnecessary and uncontrolled fires; seek advice from relevant authorities such as EMA to reduce the risk of runaway veldt fires.
- Keep hydrated to deter the effects of dehydration such as dizziness or light-headedness and avoid prolonged periods in direct sunlight. Consult medical practitioners for more advice on health issues.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and mild – (Temperatures – 08/28)
- Kariba: Sunny and mild – (Temperatures – 12/31)
- Great Zimbabwe: Partly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 05/24)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 04/18)
- Vumba: Partly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 07/24)
- Matopos: Sunny and mild (Temperatures – 05/24)
- Chimanimani: Partly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 10/21)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 23 AUGUST 2022;
Shortlived cloudy periods are expected in the morning in Manicaland province though other provinces should have mostly clear skies throughout the day.
It should be cold in the morning, warm and hazy in the afternoon countrywide. Ground frost is expected in frost-prone areas such as Matopos, Kezi, Gweru, Marondera, and Nyanga.