The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 20 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022.
Scattered clouds were observed in Bulawayo Metropolitan, the southern part of Matabeleland North, northern parts of Matabeleland South, Midlands, Masvingo southern districts of Mashonaland East and Manicaland provinces as they are moist in the middle levels due to the effect of the rain cloud band approaching from Botswana.
Some developing thunderstorms were noted in Mashonaland west province. Warm air is prevailing in the country due to the effect of the north easterlies.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 21 MAY 2022
Cloudy conditions are forecast for Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South into the southern parts both of Matabeleland North and Midlands, as well as Masvingo and Manicaland.
Generally, light intermittent rains are expected for much of the day with the probability of extending into the night (localised downpours remain probable, especially over Beitbridge District).
Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Matabeleland North, Midlands and Manicaland should be briefly cloudy and mild; while all Mashonaland Provinces are anticipated to be mostly sunny and warm by day becoming cool overnight.
- Rain-showers may disrupt your plans: plan with the weather in mind.
- A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. Animals and plants may also be affected.
- Nights, when the sky is clear, are actually much colder than those where cloudy conditions persist.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Outdoor events for this weekend may need to be under a tent considering the rain expected over the southern parts of the country.
- Crops or harvests that may be affected by rainfall should be placed in suitable locations or covered.
- Dress appropriately to keep warm and dry, especially over the southern parts of the country.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
- Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Briefly cloudy and mild with a chance of light showers (Temperatures – 12/25)
- Kariba: Mild with mostly clear skies – (Temperatures – 15/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy and mild with light rain (Temperatures – 12/26)
- Nyanga: Briefly cloudy and mild with light rain (Temperatures – 06/23)
- Vumba: Briefly cloudy and mild with light rain (Temperatures – 11/26)
- Matopos: Cloudy and mild with light rain (Temperatures – 09/22)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy and mild with light rain (Temperatures – 11/21)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022;
Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands and Harare Metropolitan: It is anticipated to be mild and mostly cloudy with light showers in most areas; heavier rains are probable in districts such as Beitbridge and Chiredzi.
All Mashonaland Provinces into Matabeleland North: It should be briefly cloudy and warm, with odd showers in places. However, both morning and evening are expected to be cold.