ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 18 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 20 DECEMBER 2021.
There were widespread thunderstorms and rain yesterday into today, resulting in the following notable falls: 56mm (Kutsaga), 54mm (Chisengu), 48mm (Kwekwe), 31mm (Kanyemba), 27mm (Buhera) and 26mm (Rusape).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 19 DECEMBER 2021:
Cool, windy and cloudy conditions are anticipated in Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces. A chance of morning drizzle is highly likely in these areas. It should become less cloudy and mild by afternoon.
The rest of the country (Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North, northern areas of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces) is expected to be mostly cloudy and mild with isolated thundershowers in places.
- Cooler conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
- While rainfall is expected in most areas, the spatial rainfall distribution is very poor.
- Lightning and hailstorms are a major risk during this period.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Regularly check that rooftops are secured. Nails may become loose with time.
- Insure crops against adverse weather such as hailstorms.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- Avoid crossing flooded rivers and swollen streams where the depth is unknown
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Mostly cloudy with isolated thundershowers (Temperatures – 19/26)
- Kariba: Mostly cloudy with isolated thundershowers (Temperatures – 23/30)
- Great Zimbabwe: Briefly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 15/22)
- Nyanga: Cloudy with light showers – 12/18)
- Vumba: Cloudy with light rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 15/22)
- Matopos: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 13/22)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy with light showers and rain (Temperatures – 15/22)
WEATHER FORECAST MONDAY 20 DECEMBER 2021
Mostly cloudy and warm weather is expected in most areas with isolated showers which may be
thundery in places, though mild in the morning.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department