ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 17 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 19 NOVEMBER 2021.
It has been mostly sunny and hot throughout the country due to a middle-level high-pressure system that was sitting over the country.
Meanwhile, a cloud system is approaching the country from the provinces of Matabeleland North and South.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 17 NOVEMBER 2021
It should be mostly cloudy over Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Masvingo and Southern parts of Manicaland provinces with chances of Isolated thunderstorms in the late afternoon, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central, Harare Metropolitan.
Mashonaland East and northern parts of Manicaland Provinces should be mostly sunny and cool in the morning becoming hot as the day progresses.
- Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/37)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 27/38)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 16/33)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny – 14/28)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 14/29)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 17/32)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 18/30)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 19 NOVEMBER 2021
The cloud system is expected to be covering much of the country and scattered thunderstorms are expected in all provinces.
Heavier falls are expected in Masvingo, Midlands, Manicaland and Matabeleland South provinces since at the same time cool moist air is expected into the country from the southeastern borders and cause convergence.
Temperatures in the afore-mentioned provinces are expected to be cool in the morning becoming mild to warm as the day progresses.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department