ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 16 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2021.
Due to some remnant moisture in the atmosphere isolated light thundershowers occurred in Matabeleland North and Manicaland where a south easterly airflow was also responsible for drizzle. Meanwhile temperatures remained mostly in the hot category.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 17 NOVEMBER 2021
In parts of Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South partly cloudy, humid and hot conditions are expected with a chance of scattered light afternoon thundershowers. All other areas: It should be humid and very hot with mild morning conditions.
- Hot and humid conditions may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/37)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 27/39)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 18/35)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny – 16/29)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 16/30)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 20/35)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 19/30)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2021
Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Masvingo provinces are expected to be mostly cloudy and humid with scattered thundershowers. Localized heavy rains are probable in places.
All other areas: It should be mostly sunny with mild conditions in the morning becoming very hot later.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department