The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 13 JUNE 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 15 JUNE 2022.
Mostly clear skies and cold conditions were experienced this morning across the country. Moderate ground frost occurred at Belvedere, Marondera, Henderson, Lupane, and Matopos while Nyanga, Wedza, Masvingo, West Nicholson, and Kezi had slight ground frost. It became sunny and mild in the afternoon.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 14 JUNE 2022
It should be cold in the morning under clear skies. Ground frost is expected in frost-susceptible areas such as Belvedere, Marondera, Henderson, Lupane, Matopos, Nyanga, Wedza, Masvingo, West Nicholson, and Kezi.
During the day, sunny and mild conditions with a light breeze should prevail.
- Wintry conditions both day and night may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever as well as asthma being prevalent.
- Nights, when the sky is clear, are actually much colder than those where cloudy conditions persist.
- Ground frost may negatively affect both plants and livestock.
- FARMERS ALERT: BLACK FROST ALERT for THURSDAY MORNING 16 JUNE (in Matabeleland South and surrounding areas], this type of frost may not be visible on the ground but will turn fruits/vegetables with high water content (e.g. tomatoes and grapes) black from the inside due to intra-cellular frost formation (freezing from within the fruit or vegetable).
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
- Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
- Frost Mitigation measures such as overhead irrigation on the night before the project impact [WEDNESDAY EVENING 15 JUNE] is advisable, among other frost mitigation measures.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 06/25)
- Kariba: Start off cold then mild with clear skies – (Temperatures – 09/26)
- Great Zimbabwe: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 05/25)
- Nyanga: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 01/20)
- Vumba: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 03/21)
- Matopos: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 03/25)
- Chimanimani: Start off cold then mild with clear skies (Temperatures – 04/23)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY15 JUNE 2022
It should be cold early in the morning with a ground frost in frost-prone areas. Clear skies and mild conditions are expected during the day becoming windy and cold in the evening.