ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 12 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2021.
Scattered thunderstorms across the country yesterday culminated in localised heavy downpours (in excess of 50 millimetres in 24 hours) at Concession (76mm), Gweru (60mm), Whawha (55mm) and Royal Golf Club (51mm).
However, this morning brief cloudy periods were reported in Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and extreme south of Manicaland.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 13 NOVEMBER 2021
Matabeleland North, Harare Metropolitan, Bulawayo Metropolitan, northern areas of the Midlands and all Mashonaland provinces expect mostly cloudy and humid with scattered thundershowers. Localised heavy rains are probable in places.
The provinces of Masvingo, southern areas of Midlands, Matabeleland South and Manicaland should be cool at first becoming warmer by afternoon with sunny breaks and isolated thundershowers.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals, with cooler conditions over much of the country.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/34)
- Kariba: Hot and humid with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 25/38)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 18/34)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and warm – 14/25)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 16/30)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 15/32)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 15/28)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2021
Scattered thunderstorms are expected in Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo and Harare Metropolitan, Midland, northern parts of Masvingo, Manicaland as well as all Mashonaland provinces. These may be coupled with heavy downpours in excess of 50 mm in places.
Southern parts of Masvingo Province should be mostly sunny and mild at first becoming cloudy with isolated showers towards evening.
Produced by The Meteorological Services Department