ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 12 FEBRUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2022.
Isolated thunderstorms occurred in all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Midlands, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South and Matabeleland North.
The only significant rainfalls were at Karoi (50mm), Kutsaga (25mm), Plumtree (13mm) and Belvedere (13mm).
Meanwhile, remnant moisture is affecting areas along and north of the watershed.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 13 FEBRUARY 2022
It should be mostly cloudy with isolated afternoon and evening thunderstorms over Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, North of midlands, Harare Metropolitan, and all Mashonaland Provinces.
The rest of the country should remain mostly sunny and hot though an odd shower cannot be ruled out in places.
- Thunder and Lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Lightning may still strike for a distant cloud, even when the sky overhead is clear.
- Localized heavy rains remain a potential, these may result in flash flooding in areas with poor drainage or impervious surfaces.
- Some local dams have filled, any excess rainwater may lead to over-spilling and downstream flooding.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or a tractor during a storm.
- Do not cross flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
- Avoid driving on a road covered by water especially at night or during downpours when it is more difficult to recognize flood dangers.
- Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 18/30)
- Kariba: Isolated thunderstorms (Temperatures – 22/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 18/31)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 15/25)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 15/27)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny (Temperatures – 14/30)
- Chimanimani: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 16/27)
WEATHER FORECAST MONDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2022;
Brief cloudy and warm conditions with a chance of isolated thunderstorms are expected in all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Midlands and Matabeleland North Provinces.
Mostly sunny and hot weather should prevail in the southern half of the country though mild in the morning.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department