The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 11 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 13 MAY 2022
Brief cloudy periods with isolated showers were received yesterday in Manicaland Province.
However, clear skies in all other areas occurred overnight resulting in slight ground frost at Henderson, Matopos and Bulawayo.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 12 MAY 2022
Bulawayo Metropolitan, all Matabeleland Provinces, Midlands, and the southern part of Manicaland should experience Clear skies and light winds with a chance of slight ground frost in frost-prone areas of Matopos, Kezi, Nyanga and Chivhu.
It is anticipated to be cool in the morning and towards evening but becoming warm by afternoon.
Briefly cloudy and cool morning conditions are expected in Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland Provinces and northern areas of Manicaland, becoming warm as the day progress.
- Ground frost is probable in areas such as Matopos, Kezi, Nyanga and Chivhu.
- Veldt fires tend to be rampant during this period and can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
- A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. It may affect animals (pets and livestock) and plants too.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
- Dress appropriately to keep warm and if need be seek advice from a certified health professional.
- Please ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- Construct fire-guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free from any debris or combustible matter anything that can burn).
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 09/30)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 18/29)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 11/28)
- Nyanga: Briefly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 06/24)
- Vumba: Briefly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 10/27)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and warm but cool overnight (Temperatures – 07/27)
- Chimanimani: Briefly cloudy, and mild (Temperatures – 11/27)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 13 MAY 2022;
Clear skies and cool mornings are expected in Bulawayo Metropolitan, all Matabeleland Provinces.
Midlands and southern part of Manicaland with chances of ground frost in frost-prone areas, become warm by afternoon.
It should be briefly cloudy and warm in Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland Provinces and northern areas of Manicaland, though cool both morning and night.