ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 11 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 13 DECEMBER 2021.
A cloud system affecting the western parts of the country resulted in isolated thunderstorms in all Matabeleland, Bulawayo Metropolitan and parts of Midlands provinces, where Bulawayo had the highest fall of 45mm. The rest of the country was mostly sunny and hot.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SUNDAY 12 DECEMBER 2021:
Matabeleland North and South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, parts of Midlands and Masvingo provinces are expected to be partly cloudy and hot with a chance of afternoon isolated thunderstorms.
All other areas (all Mashonaland , Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland and parts of Midlands provinces) should be mostly sunny and hot with mild morning and evening temperatures.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- In areas where it is sunny and hot, avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 21/37)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 26/39)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and hot (Temperatures – 20/35)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and hot – 14/28)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and hot (Temperatures – 17/30)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/33)
- Chimanimani: Partly cloudy and hot (Temperatures – 18/32)
WEATHER FORECAST MONDAY 13 DECEMBER 2021
The cloud system coming from the west of the country is expected to strengthen giving us partly cloudy conditions with scattered thunderstorms in all Matabeleland, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and southern parts of Manicaland provinces.
All other areas (Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland, northern parts of Midlands and Manicaland provinces) should expect mostly sunny and hot conditions.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department