The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2022
Clear skies, cold morning conditions and calm wind prevailed in most places with moderate ground frost occurring at Nyanga.
Slight ground frost was reported this morning in areas such as Matopos, Henderson, and Marondera. It was warm in the afternoon with a generally north-easterly wind but became cold towards evening.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2022
Sunny and warm conditions are expected across the country, though cool in the morning with a chance of ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Matopos and Henderson.
FIRE SEASON: Dry and windy conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires
- While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
- High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
- Farmers are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 17/35)
- Kariba: Sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 19/35)
- Great Zimbabwe: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 09/34)
- Nyanga: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 06/29)
- Vumba: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 08/30)
- Matopos: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 11/33)
- Chimanimani: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 06/29)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2022
Clear skies should dominate the country. It should be warm by day but cool both in the morning and evening.
Slight ground frost is probable in frost-prone areas such as Henderson and Nyanga.