ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 09 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2021.
It was hot and humid over much of the country. However, no record-breaking temperatures have occurred [i.e. It is Not a Heat Wave; by definition, a Heat Wave is a period of unusually hot weather (outside the historical averages for a given area) that typically lasts three or more days.]
Meanwhile, a relatively cool and moisture airflow is being fed into the country through the south-eastern border.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 10 NOVEMBER 2021
Isolated afternoon thundershowers are expected in areas along the main watershed, with localized heavier falls in places.
It should be hot and humid in most areas to the north of the main watershed, namely northern parts of the Midlands (from Kwekwe to Gokwe), Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces.
Areas to the south of the main watershed [southern areas of the Midlands (Gweru to Mberengwa), Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland] are anticipated to be mostly cloudy, windy and mild.
Matabeleland North should have scattered clouds with isolated thundershowers. It should be hot by day, becoming mild towards evening.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals, with cooler conditions over much of the country.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 23/37)
- Kariba: Hot and Humid (Temperatures – 23/41)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy with intermittent thundershowers (Temperatures – 15/32)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and warm – 11/24)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 12/31)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 16/32)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy with intermittent light showers (Temperatures – 13/28)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2021
It should be hot and humid across much of the country with isolated afternoon thundershowers.
Localized heavier falls are anticipated in areas along and to the south of the main watershed.
Produced by The Meteorological Services Department