ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS TUESDAY 08 MARCH 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 10 MARCH 2022.
Isolated thunder-showers occurred yesterday in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan.
However, most rainfalls were below 10mm except at Chipinge (15mm). Matabeleland North and all Mashonaland provinces had mostly sunny and warm conditions.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 09 MARCH 2022
It is anticipated to be mostly cloudy and warm with isolated thundershowers in Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland provinces and Manicaland provinces.
The remaining provinces (Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands and Masvingo provinces) are expected to be mostly sunny and warm, though mild in the morning and towards evening.
- Thunder and Lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Lightning may still strike from a distant cloud, even when the sky overhead is clear
- High temperatures may lead to dehydration
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
- Do not cross flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
- Keep hydrated, especially during the daytime by drinking adequate amounts of water.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Isolated thunderstorms and warm (Temperatures – 19/31)
- Kariba: Isolated thunderstorms and warm (Temperatures – 22/31)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 17/30)
- Nyanga: Isolated thunderstorms and warm (Temperatures – 13/24)
- Vumba: Isolated thunderstorms and warm (Temperatures – 15/26)
- Matopos: Mostly sunny and warm (Temperatures – 16/29)
- Chimanimani: Isolated thunderstorms and warm (Temperatures – 16/26)
WEATHER FORECAST THURSDAY 10 MARCH 2022
It should be mostly sunny and mild at first over much of the country. However, from mid-morning brief cloudy periods and isolated afternoon thundershowers are expected in the northern parts of Matabeleland North, Mashonaland West and Mashonaland Central provinces.
The rest of the country (Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan, and Mashonaland East provinces) should be mostly sunny and warm by afternoon.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department