ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 08 FEBRUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2022.
Remnant moisture across the country resulted in generally light rain and thunderstorms, though the rainfall amounts were insignificant.
Meanwhile, the cloud band from Botswana is slowly approaching the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 09 FEBRUARY
Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces: Cloudy conditions with isolated showers that could be thundery in places are expected. It should be mild at first becoming warm by afternoon.
Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Midlands and Provinces: It should be mild in the morning and warm by midday with scattered clouds.
- Thunder and Lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Lightning may still strike for a distant cloud, even when the sky overhead is clear.
- Localized heavy rains remain a potential, these may result in flash flooding in areas with poor drainage or impervious surfaces.
- Some local dams have filled, any excess rainwater may lead to over-spilling and downstream flooding.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or a tractor during a storm.
- Do not cross flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
- Avoid driving on a road covered by water especially at night or during downpours when it is more difficult to recognize flood dangers. Even if no heavy rains have occurred in your area, they may have occurred up-stream
- Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 18/29)
- Kariba: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 22/34)
- Great Zimbabwe: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 17/28)
- Nyanga: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 13/27)
- Vumba: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 16/27)
- Matopos: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 17/27)
- Chimanimani: Warm with scattered clouds (Temperatures – 16/24)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2022;
Mostly cloudy conditions and isolated afternoon thundershowers are expected in Matebeland north, Matabeleland south, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces.
All other areas should be mild in the morning becoming warm by afternoon.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department