ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 08 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 10 DECEMBER 2021.
Thunderstorms occurred yesterday in areas along and south of the main watershed though they were generally light.
Significant falls were recorded in Kwekwe (38mm), Gokwe (15mm), Chivhu (10mm) and Zvishavane (10mm).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 09 DECEMBER 2021
Partly cloudy and hot conditions are expected with scattered afternoon thundershowers over all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo and southern parts of Midlands a province.
The rest of the country should be mostly sunny and hot to very hot during the day with scattered clouds developing by the afternoon. An odd shower remains probable in these places.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- In areas where it is sunny and hot, avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 21/34)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 27/38)
- Great Zimbabwe: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 20/33)
- Nyanga: Mostly cloudy and warm – 15/27)
- Vumba: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 19/32)
- Matopos: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 18/31)
- Chimanimani: Mostly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 17/29)
WEATHER FORECAST FRIDAY 10 DECEMBER 2021
Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo and Midlands province are expected to be partly cloudy and humid with scattered thundershowers.
Other provinces (Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland ) should be partly cloudy and hot with a chance of isolated thundershowers.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department