ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 07 FEBRUARY 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 09 FEBRUARY 2022.
Brief cloudy conditions were experienced across the country with generally light showers which were thundery in places. The highest rainfall was at Kariba (22mm).
Meanwhile, remnant moisture is still affecting areas along and north of the watershed.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 08 FEBRUARY
Matabeleland North, Harare Metropolitan, all Mashonaland Provinces, northern parts of Manicaland, should be cloudy with moderate rain showers which may be thundery in places. Warm conditions are anticipated by day becoming mild towards evening.
The rest of the country namely Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, southern districts of Masvingo and southern part of Manicaland are expected to be briefly cloudy with light breeze time and again.
- Thunder and Lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Lightning may still strike for a distant cloud, even when the sky overhead is clear.
- Localized heavy rains remain a potential, these may result in flash flooding in areas with poor drainage or impervious surfaces.
- Some local dams have filled, any excess rainwater may lead to over-spilling and downstream flooding.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
- Do not ride at the back of an open truck or a tractor during a storm.
- Do not cross flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
- Avoid driving on a road covered by water especially at night or during downpours when it is more difficult to recognize flood dangers. Even if no heavy rains have occurred in your area, they may have occurred up-stream
- Be Weather-ready; always plan with the weather in mind.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 19/32)
- Kariba: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 23/30)
- Great Zimbabwe: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 18/28)
- Nyanga: Cloudy with rain showers (Temperatures – 15/21)
- Vumba: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 16/24)
- Matopos: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 19/25)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy with rain and drizzle (Temperatures – 14/27)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 09 FEBRUARY 2022;
Manicaland and all Mashonaland Province: Isolated thunderstorms are anticipated with mostly cloudy conditions prevailing. Mild at first becoming warm by afternoon.
Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Midlands and Harare Metropolitan Provinces: It should be mild at first with scattered clouds and warm conditions by midday.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department