ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 05 DECEMBER 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 07 DECEMBER 2021.
It was partly cloudy across the country with isolated thundershowers being recorded in all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Manicaland provinces.
The highest falls recorded were at Kezi (7mm) and the rest were insignificant.
Meanwhile, a cloud band over Botswana continues to feed moisture into the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 06 DECEMBER 2021:
Partly cloudy and hot conditions are expected with isolated afternoon thundershowers over all Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo and southern parts of Midlands province.
The rest of the country should be mostly sunny and hot to very hot during the day. All areas will be mild in the morning.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- High afternoon temperatures may lead to exhaustion
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of certain individuals.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- In areas where it is sunny and hot, avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, and get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 25/37)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 29/40)
- Great Zimbabwe: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 22/35)
- Nyanga: Mostly sunny and hot – 16/28)
- Vumba: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 18/32)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/34)
- Chimanimani: Mostly sunny and hot (Temperatures – 15/30)
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 07 DECEMBER 2021
Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Midlands and Manicaland province is expected to be mostly cloudy and humid with scattered thundershowers.
Other provinces (Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland ) should be partly cloudy and hot with a chance of isolated thundershowers.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department