The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 04 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 06 SEPTEMBER 2022.
Ground frost occurred in areas such as Matopos, Nyanga, Gweru, Kezi, Masvingo and Henderson as clear skies, cold morning conditions and calm wind prevailed in most places.
It was warm in the afternoon with a generally north-easterly airflow but became cold towards evening.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, MONDAY 05 SEPTEMBER 2022
Sunny and warm conditions are expected across the country, though cold in the morning with a chance of ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Matopos and Henderson.
It should be windy over Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces towards evening as cold overnight conditions prevail country-wide.
- FIRE SEASON: Dry and windy conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires.
- Windy and hazy conditions enhance the occurrence of hay fever and asthma.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
- Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- The public is urged to safeguard against the spreading of wildfires by constructing fireguards that are maintained free from combustible matter and are at least 9 (nine) meters wide.
- Avoid starting outdoor fires as these can easily run wild in these dry and windy conditions.
- Keep hydrated and avoid prolonged periods of direct sunlight exposure, especially between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm when the sun is at peak intensity.
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- When braziers are in use, please ensure the room is well-ventilated.
- Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 15/33)
- Kariba: Mostly sunny and warm – (Temperatures – 16/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 08/31)
- Nyanga: Cold at first with clear skies, becoming warm by noon (Temperatures – 07/26)
- Vumba: Sunny and warm (Temperatures – 08/27)
- Matopos: Sunny and mild (Temperatures – 09/32)
- Chimanimani: Cold at first with clear skies (Temperatures – 07/26)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 06 SEPTEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy periods are expected in Beitbridge, Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Chipinge Districts, with Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces being windy and cold in the morning. These provinces are anticipated to be mild by day and cold overnight.
All other areas should be sunny and warm by day, but cold both morning and evening.