The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection at 4 PM on Saturday 03 December 2022 valid until Monday 05 December 2022:
It was mostly sunny and warm across much of the country, with north-easterly winds being predominant. This brought in brief cloudy periods over Matabeleland South, Masvingo and south of Manicaland Provinces today and led to isolated thundershowers.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SUNDAY 04 DECEMBER 2022
Brief cloudy periods and isolated thundershowers are expected in Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, into the southern parts of Masvingo and Matabeleland North Provinces. Mild at first becoming warm later.
All other areas, namely Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces, should be sunny, humid and hot by day becoming mild overnight.
- Hot conditions increase the extent of evapotranspiration as well as dehydration.
- Those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded direct sunshine, especially in the noonday hours may be detrimental to health.
- Less precipitation is anticipated, and this will increase the need for crop monitoring for moisture stress, especially with tender shoots.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
- Wear a sunhat/sunscreen if you need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight, especially during midday.
- Where moisture stress is noted please irrigate, it may occur less in plots where Pfumvudza/Intwasa was practiced.
- Fix rooftops and make sure roofing sheets are well secure during these sunny days.
- Where possible, install lightning conductors on buildings, schools, and homesteads.
- Always remember, when thunder roars it is best to be indoors.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR MONDAY 05 DECEMBER 2022
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North and western parts of Midlands are expected to be mostly cloudy with isolated thundershowers. Hot by day becoming mild towards evening.
All other provinces should be mostly sunny and hot, though mild both morning and evening.