ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 01 NOVEMBER VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 03 NOVEMBER 2021.
There were some isolated thunderstorms along and north of the main watershed with Nyanga recording the highest falls of 6mm.
Meanwhile, a cloud band over Botswana is feeding moisture through the western parts of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 02 NOVEMBER 2021.
In areas along and north of the main watershed (namely Matabeleland North, northern areas of the Midland, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces), partly cloudy conditions are expected with scattered afternoon thundershowers.
It should mild in the morning becoming hot and humid by midday. Mostly sunny and hot daytime conditions are anticipated in all other areas, becoming mild and windy towards evening.
- Lightning is a major risk during this period
- Strong winds may be destructive in places
- Hot daytime conditions may lead to dehydration.
- Mosquitoes proliferate during this season.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Stay indoors during thunderstorms.
- If outdoors do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
- If no shelter is available try to couch as low as possible with only your toes touching the ground.
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water.
- Avoid staying in the sun between 11.00 and 15.00 hours when it is hottest.
- Wear a sunhat when engaged in outdoor activities if possible.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
- When thunder roars, go indoors.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 20/36)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy with a chance of thundershowers (Temperatures – 25/41)
- Great Zimbabwe: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 17/36)
- Nyanga: Partly cloudy and warm – 12/27)
- Vumba: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 16/32)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 15/34)
- Chimanimani: Partly cloudy and warm (Temperatures – 17/30)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 03 NOVEMBER 2021
Light showers (that may be thundery in places) are expected over much of the country, with localized heavier falls in both Matabeleland Provinces, as well as Bulawayo Metropolitan Province.
It should be mild in the morning becoming hot later.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department