The weather report and forecast issued by the Meteorological Services Department in conjunction with the Department of Civil Protection.
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 01 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 03 JULY 2022.
Cloudy conditions and cold southeasterly winds which prevailed over the country resulted in rain showers in areas along and north of the watershed yesterday.
The highest rainfall figures measured were 20mm (Tarisa Park in Goromonzi), 16mm (Bindura) and 11mm (Mukandi). This morning, light drizzle occurred over the southern areas.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 02 JULY 2022
All Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Masvingo are expected to have mostly clear skies and cold morning conditions with a chance of slight ground frost in Matopos. It should be cool much of the day.
The remainder of the country (Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces including Manicaland) should experience cloudy periods and cool daytime conditions with isolated afternoon showers. It is anticipated to be cold in the morning and towards evening.
- Cold conditions may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
- Rain and drizzle may affect your outdoor activities, please plan with the weather in mind.
- Rain forms a thin slippery layer on road surfaces which reduces grip and traction.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
- An umbrella or raincoat may be essential if one needs to be outside for prolonged periods of time.
- Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
- Field crops that may be affected by rain need to be stored in a dry place.
- Roads may be slippery due to the rainfall, please drive carefully.
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Partly cloudy and cool – (Temperatures – 11/24)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy and cool – (Temperatures – 14/28)
- Great Zimbabwe: Partly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 06/22)
- Nyanga: Cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/15)
- Vumba: Cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 10/18)
- Matopos: Partly cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 07/21)
- Chimanimani: Cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 09/19)
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 03 JULY 2022
It should be mostly sunny and much warmer than of late during the day in most areas though cold in the morning.
Ground frost is expected in frost-prone areas (Kezi, Matopos, Gweru, Marondera and Nyanga).