The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 04 – 06 July 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 04 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 06 JULY 2022.
Cold weather prevailed in the morning in most parts of the country. Severe ground frost occurred at Matopos and moderate ground frost occurred at Henderson, Belvedere, Nyanga, and Marondera had slight ground frost this morning. Sunny and mild conditions dominated during the day across the country.
TOMORROW TUESDAY 05 JULY 2022.
Cold morning and mild afternoon conditions are expected across the country, with clear skies both day and night. Ground frost is highly probable in frost-prone areas such as Matopos, Kezi, AIasvingo, Gweru, Henderson, Belvedere, AIarondera, and Nyanga.
• Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
• Ground frost is a threat to crops and poultry.
• The dry-vegetative conditions coupled with the wind factor tend to make veldt fires more rampant during this period. These can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Dress appropriately to keep warm, especially overnight, and ensure that vulnerable members of society are also warm.
• Ensure that poultry shelters are kept at optimum temperatures and frost prevention measures (e.g. overhead irrigation in the evening) should be put in place for crops vulnerable to frosty conditions.
• Construct fire guards that are at least 9 meters wide and keep them free from any vegetative or combustible material. It is illegal to start veldt fires for any purpose, even for land clearing.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
Min tomorrow 06 10 08 07 08 05 07 07 07 08 05 07 Max tomorrow 25 26 24 25 26 26 25 25 27 25 24 27
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
Centre Details Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: mostly sunny and mild 07 25 KARIBA: Mostly sunny and mild 11 28 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Mostly sunny and mild 07 25 NYANGA: Mostly sunny and mild 02 20 VUMBA: Mostly sunny and mild 06 24 MATOPOS: Mostly sunny and mild -03 26 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly sunny and mild 08 23
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 06 JULY 2022;
It should be sunny and warm during the day in most parts of the country though cold in the morning with high chances of ground frost in frost-susceptible areas such as Matopos, Kezi, Masvingo, Gweru, Henderson, Belvedere, Marondera, and Nyanga.