PREAMBLE: ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 27 MARCH 2022 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 29 MARCH 2022.
As a result of the cloud system over the country, scattered thunderstorms occurred across all the provinces with rainfall above 20mm measured at Mudzi 62mm, Bulawayo 58mm, Norton 55mm, Mutare 40mm, Rusape 33mm, Nyanga 33mm, Buhera 27mm, Wedza 23mm, Marondera 22mm, Kariba 22mm and Chipinge 22mm. Meanwhile, relatively cool windy from the south-east are beginning to strengthen.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 28 MARCH 2022.
Isolated thunderstorms with chances of localised heavy falls are expected in Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midlands, all Mashonaland, Harare Metropolitan and northern parts of Manicaland Province. The remaining provinces are anticipated to be cloudy and windy with chances of rain and drizzle in some places. at.
• Thunder and Lightning may affect your plans, please plan with the weather in mind.
• Lightning may still strike from a distant cloud, even when the sky overhead is clear
• High temperatures may lead to dehydration
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, it is best to be indoors. If outdoors please find shelter immediately; do not shelter under trees or in an isolated shed.
• Do not cross flooded rivers and swollen streams whether on foot or in a vehicle as just 30cm of flowing water is enough to sweep away a vehicle.
• Keep hydrated, especially during the daytime by drinking adequate amounts of water.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 17 16 16 15 15 15 19 18 16 17 15 18 Max tomorrow 24 24 23 22 25 25 25 23 29 25 24 22
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
TEMPERATURES Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Partly cloudy with isolated thunder-showers 19 27 KARIBA: Partly cloudy with isolated thunder-showers 21 28 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Mostly sunny and warm 19 25 NYANGA: Partly cloudy with isolated thunder-showers 13 21 VUMBA: Mostly sunny and warm 13 22 MATOPOS: Partly cloudy with isolated thunder-showers 15 25 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly sunny and warm 15 23
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 29 MARCH 2022
Isolated thunderstorms are forecast to occur in Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midlands, all Mashonaland and Harare Metropolitan and northern parts of Manicaland. It should be mostly sunny and warm in all other areas.