The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 26- 28 September 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 28 SEPTEMBER 2022.
Clear skies and hazy conditions were predominant in most areas. It was cool in the morning but became hot in the afternoon. A weak cloud system from both Zambia and Botswana is slowly approaching the western and northern areas of Zimbabwe.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW ROW TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2022
It should be sunny with a freshening breeze and slight haze in most areas. However, brief cloudy periods are expected in Matabeleland North, northern areas of Midlands, Mashonaland West and Central and Harare Metropolitan Provinces. It should be cool in the morning, becoming hot in the afternoon.
• While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded to wear sunhats if they need to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time.
• High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
• Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
• Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
• Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
• Put out any fires found in open veldt fires and road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
• Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 13 15 11 10 12 13 11 14 13 14 11 12 Max tomorrow 30 32 30 29 32 34 34 33 34 30 30 34
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
VICTORIA FALLS: Mostly sunny and hot 15 33 KARIBA: Mostly sunny and hot 23 35 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Partly cloudy and warm 11 33 NYANGA: Partly cloudy and warm 09 25 VUMBA: Partly cloudy and warm 13 29 MATOPOS: Partly cloudy and warm 12 30 CHIMANIMANI: Partly cloudy and warm 14 28
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2022
A south-easterly airflow from the Indian Ocean is expected to affect Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo, and Manicaland. Brief cloudy periods arc likely. It will be cooler than of late. All other provinces should be mostly sunny and mild during the day. Night-time temperatures are expected to be subdued in most places.