The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has forecasted scattered afternoon thunderstorms in some parts of the country. In a weather report and forecast seen by Pindula News, MSD said it will be partly cloud on Thursday. Reads a report and forecast for the period 23 to 25 November 2022:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL. FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2022.
Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midlands province, some parts of Mashonaland West and northern parts of Manicaland experienced widespread afternoon thunderstorms yesterday. Rainfall amounts above 20mm were recorded at Karoi (39mm), Chinhoyi (34mm) and Lupane (29mm).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 24 NOVEMBER 2022
Partly cloudy conditions are expected in the morning in areas to the north of the central watershed with a chance of scattered afternoon thunderstorms. The southern parts of the central watershed should be mostly sunny and hot though mild both in the morning and evening.
• Hot daytime conditions can affect the health of vulnerable members of society and all other persons if exposure to direct sunlight is for an extended period of time.
• Evapotranspiration tends to increase during periods with less rainfall and cloud cover, this increases moisture stress on young plants and tender shoots.
• Hail is very destructive, especially to crops such as tobacco.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When outdoors, on the farm or performing other outdoor activities for extended periods of time; please wear a sunhat or be under an umbrella to protect against direct sunlight.
• Keep hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water.
• Please monitor soil moisture and moisture stress in young/tender plants and irrigate where necessary.
• Tobacco farmers are advised to ensure their valuable crops in case of such adverse weather events.
WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2022
All Mashonaland, Harare Metropolitan, northern parts of Manicaland, northern parts of Midlands and Matabeleland North Province are expected to start off with partly cloudy and warm conditions. It should be cloudy with thundershowers in the afternoon. Mostly sunny and hot conditions are expected to persist in the remaining parts of the country.