The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 22 – 24 May 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 24 MAY 2022.
The rain-bearing cloud system which was affecting the southern areas of Zimbabwe yesterday spread overnight to cover Mashonaland Provinces and Harare Metropolitan Province, resulting in widespread thunderstorms and rain in its wake. It has since exited the eastern borders. The highest rainfall figures recorded this morning were the following: 19mm (Marondera, Chipinge and Chisengu), 17mm (Macheke), 14mm (Chivhu), 13mm (Beitbridge, Buhera and Wedza) and 10mm (Harare, Belvedere).
TOMORROW, MONDAY 23 MAY 2022
Manicaland, all Mashonaland Provinces as well as Harare Metropolitan Province should have brief cloudy periods and mild conditions. with odd showers in places. However, both mornings and evenings are expected to be cool. All Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Masvingo are anticipated to be mostly sunny. Warm by day. becoming cool overnight. Slight ground frost is probable in susceptible places (Matopos, Kezi and Gweru)
• Rain-showers may disrupt your plans: plan with the weather in mind.
• A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. Animals and plants may also be affected.
• Nights, when the sky is clear, are actually much colder than those where cloudy conditions persist.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Outdoor events for this weekend may need to be under a tent considering the rain expected over the southern parts of the country.
• Crops or harvests that may be affected by rainfall should be placed in suitable locations or covered.
• Dress appropriately to keep warm and dry. especially over the southern parts of the country
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
• Fanners in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 07 05 03 12 04 07 07 06 10 08 08 03 Max tomorrow 23 21 23 25 26 26 23 26 26 24 24 25
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
Resort Centre Details TEMPERATURES Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Mild with mostly clear skies 06 26 KARIBA: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 12 26 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 07 23 NYANGA: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 10 27 VUMBA: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 12 28 MATOPOS: Mild with mostly clear skies 00 24 CHIMANIMANI: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 12 22
WEATHER FORECAST FOR TUESDAY 24 MAY 2022;
Sunny and warm conditions countrywide are expected. It should be cool overnight. Slight ground frost is anticipated in frost-prone areas (Matopos, Kezi, Gweru, Masvingo, Chivhu, Marondera and Nyanga).