The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 22 – 24 July 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 22 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 24 JULY 2022.
The cloud mass which was affecting all Matabeleland Provinces and Bulawayo Metropolitan Province from Botswana yesterday moved swiftly eastwards overnight. This resulted in thunderstorms and rain in Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands and Masvingo. Rain was reported in Harare Metropolitan and Mashonaland East. The only significant rainfall figure measured this morning was 7mm (Tarisa Park, Goromonzi in Mashonaland East).
FORECASTS FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 23 JULY 2022
All areas should be cloudy and cold in the morning, becoming less cloudy and mild by the afternoon.
• Temperature fluctuations may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
• The dry-vegetative conditions coupled with the wind factor tend to make veldt fires more rampant during this period. These can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well. When braziers are in use, please ensure the room is well ventilated.
• Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
• Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 09 10 07 09 10 11 08 10 10 10 08 09 Max tomorrow 22 23 23 23 25 26 25 25 28 23 22 26
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
VICTORIA FALLS: Partly cloudy and mild 12 27 KARIBA: Partly cloudy and mild 16 29 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Partly cloudy and mild 08 25 NYANGA: Partly cloudy and mild 07 19 VUMBA: Partly cloudy and mild 10 22 MATOPOS: Partly cloudy and mild 09 24 CHIMANIMANI: Partly cloudy and mild 11 23
Cloudy periods are expected in Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South. Masvingo, Manicaland. Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces on SUNDAY 24 JULY 2022. It should be mostly sunny in Matabeleland North and northern areas of the Midlands. In the morning, it is anticipated to be cold in all areas and mild by afternoon. Grond frost is expected in frost-prone areas ( Kezi, Matopos, Gwcru, Marondera.