The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 21 – 23 May 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 21 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL MONDAY 23 MAY 2022.
Rain-bearing cloud system affecting the southern areas of Zimbabwe into South Africa resulted in isolated thunderstorms in Matabeleland South, southern areas of Midlands and Masvingo yesterday. Matopos (6mm) and Denny’s farm (5mm) both in Matabeleland South recorded the only notable falls. This morning, it was raining in areas in the southern provinces. The relatively north-easterly airflow prevailing over the country resulted in some light showers in areas along and to the north of the watershed.
FORECAST: TOMORROW, SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022
Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East and Central as well as Harare Metropolitan Province should be briefly cloudy and warm, with odd showers in places. However, both morning and evening are expected to be cool. All Matabeleland Provinces, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands and Mashonaland West are anticipated to be mostly sunny and warm by clay becoming cool overnight. Slight ground frost is probable in susceptible places (Matopos, Kezi and Gweru)
• Rain-showers may disrupt your plans; plan with the weather in mind.
• A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. Animals and plants may also be affected.
• Nights, when the sky is clear, are actually much colder than those where cloudy conditions persist.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Outdoor events for this weekend may need to be under a tent considering the rain expected over the southern parts of the country.
• Crops or harvests that may be affected by rainfall should be placed in suitable locations or covered.
• Dress appropriately to keep warm and dry, especially over the southern parts of the country
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
• Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops usually at night /early in the morning.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 13 06 10 14 12 13 13 14 15 14 12 08 Max tomorrow 25 21 25 25 27 27 24 27 26 26 26 26
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
Resort Centre Details TEMPERATURES Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Mild with mostly clear skies 06 25 KARIBA: Brief cloudy periods with odd showers 18 28 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Cloudy and mild with light rain 13 24 NYANGA: Briefly cloudy and mild with light rain 12 26 VUMBA: Briefly cloudy and mild with light rain 13 27 MATOPOS: Mild with mostly clear skies 00 23 CHIMANIMANI: Cloudy and mild with light rain 14 21
WEATHER FORECAST FOR MONDAY 23 MAY 2022;
It should be mostly sunny countrywide. Warm conditions are expected during the day though cool overnight. Slight ground frost is anticipated in frost-prone areas ( Matopos, Kezi, Gweru, Masvingo, Chivhu, Marondera and Nyanga).