The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has issued a weather report and forecast for the period that extends from the 2nd to the 4th of May 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 02 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 04 MAY 2022.
It was mostly cloudy, windy and cool in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, south of Midlands and Manicaland Provinces with generally light rain and drizzle in places. An odd downpour occurred in Bikita (22mm) and surrounding areas. However, by midday today the clouds had begun to disperse and the winds were dying down.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, TUESDAY 03 MAY 2022
Brief cloudy and cool morning conditions are expected in Manicaland and Masvingo Provinces, becoming mostly sunny and mild by afternoon. Scattered clouds are expected in all other areas (namely Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces). It should be mild by day becoming cool towards evening, with a light breeze time and again.
• Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of people, animals and plants.
• As winter approaches, nighttime conditions tend to be cool especially when skies are clear.
• Veld fires tend to be rampant during this period and can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Please ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
• Keep warm, especially during the night and early morning.
• Construct fireguards that are at least 9 metres wide and free from any debris or combustible matter (anything that can burn).
• Clear off grass by putting it to better use like stock feed through hay-bailing, use as thatching or bedding for poultry.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 09 12 09 11 11 07 11 08 09 08 09 10 Max tomorrow 23 22 21 23 25 26 22 25 29 24 21
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
PLACE DETAILS TEMPERATURES Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Mostly sunny and mild 11 27 KARIBA: Mostly sunny and mild 17 28 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Brief cloudy and cool 11 22 NYANGA: Brief cloudy and cool 06 18 VUMBA: Brief cloudy and cool 07 21 MATOPOS: Mostly sunny and mild 09 21 CHIMANIMANI: Brief cloudy and cool 08 19
FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 04 MAY 2022.
Mild and brief cloudy conditions are expected in Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands and all Mashonaland provinces. All other areas should be mostly sunny and warm. However, cool overnight conditions are anticipated countrywide.