The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 19 – 21 September 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FOREC AST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2022.
Mostly sunny conditions were experienced countrywide. Cool conditions prevailed in the morning. Hot conditions prevailed in the afternoon and it became cool by the evening. A cloud system from both Zambia and Botswana is approaching Zimbabwe’s western provinces, namely Matabeleland North and Matabeleland South.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER 2022
It should be windy across the country throughout the day. All Matabeleland Provinces. Bulawayo NIetropolitan, Masvingo and Midlands are expected to be partly cloudy with a chance of isolated thunderstorms. All other areas are expected to experience clear skies. Cool in the morning. becoming warm in the afternoon.
FIRE SEASON: Dry and windy conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires
• While land preparations are vital at this stage. those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
• High temperatures can cause dehydration and other related diseases.
• Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health. with common colds. influenza. and fever. as well as asthma. being common.
• Strong winds may blow off roofs and damage property.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
Veld fires are extensive so fanners are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
• Take enough fluids to compensate for water loss through dehydration with medical doctors’ advice.
• Keep warm at night and avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, especially during midday
• Farmers are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling. thatch and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
• Put out any fires found in open veldt fires and road-sides. Do not leave any fire unattended.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 16 13 15 17 15 15 16 13 16 14 15 16 Max tomorrow 30 33 30 29 33 35 33 33 34 31 29 36
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
VICTORIA FALLS: Sunny and hot 17 35 KARIBA: Sunny and hot 22 39 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Sunny and hot 16 33 NYANGA: Sunny and hot 10 25 VUMBA: Sunny and hot 12 26 MATOPOS: Sunny and hot 12 31 CHIMANIMANI: Sunny and hot 11 27
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2022
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, south of Midlands, Masvingo and south of Manicaland are expected to be partly cloudy and windy with a slight chance of rain and drizzle. All other areas are expected to experience clear skies. Cool in the morning becoming warm in the afternoon.