The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 13 – 15 May 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 13 MAY 2022 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 15 MAY 2022.
Brief cloudy periods and cool morning conditions occurred in areas such as Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland Central and Mashonaland East. However, the atmosphere is drying out further as other areas experienced mostly clear skies and cold conditions in the morning.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 14 MAY 2022
Mashonaland Central into Mashonaland West should be briefly cloudy with cool morning becoming warm by afternoon. Dry and cold morning conditions are expected elsewhere (Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland South, Midlands, Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East and Harare Metropolitan Provinces) with chances of slight ground frost are expected in frost-prone areas like Matopos, Henderson, Marondera, Nyanga and Chivhu. It is anticipated to be mostly sunny and warm by afternoon, becoming cold overnight.
• Veld fires tend to be rampant during this period and can destroy vast tracts of land and property as well as pose a threat to human and animal life.
• Ground frost is probable in areas such as Matopos, Henderson, Marondera, Nyanga and Chivhu.
• A decrease in temperature affects the body’s health, with common colds, influenza and fever, as well as asthma, being common. It may affect animals (pets and livestock) and plants too.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free from any debris or combustible matter (anything that can burn).
• It is illegal to start veldt fire/uncontrolled burning of open fields.
• Farmers in areas prone to ground frost should undertake frost prevention measures such as overhead irrigation of crops.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustments made.
• Dress appropriately to keep warm and ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 10 12 09 10 11 08 08 11 10 12 08 08 Max tomorrow 25 26 24 26 26 27 27 27 31 25 24 30
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
Place Details Temperature Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Sunny and warm 10 30 KARIBA: Mostly sunny and warm 15 31 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Mostly sunny and mild 08 27 NYANGA: Mostly sunny and mild 06 22 VUMBA: Mostly sunny and mild 10 25 MATOPOS: Mostly sunny and mild but cold overnight 09 25 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly sunny and mild 12 23
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 14 MAY 2022;
Wind chill should affect much of the country on Sunday, 14 May, with a brief cloudy period in the southern districts of Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland. All other areas (Bulawayo Metropolitan, Matabeleland North, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces) should have mostly clear skies; mild in the afternoon becoming cold towards evening.