The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 01 – 03 September 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 06 SEPTEMBER 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 08 SEPTEMBER 2022.
It was cold in the morning with clear skies in northern parts of the country namely Manicaland, all Mashonaland, Harare Metropolitan, Midlands, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Matabeleland North Provinces. It became sunny and warm in the afternoon. Brief cloudy periods were experienced in Matabeleland South, Masvingo, and the extreme south of Manicaland provinces.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 07 SEPTEMBER 2022
Windy and cloudy conditions are expected in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo, Mashonaland East and Manicaland Provinces with a slight drizzle in places. All other areas should be mostly sunny and warm by day, but cool both in the morning and in the evening.
• FIRE SEASON: Dry and windy conditions exacerbate the spread of veldt fires
• While land preparations are vital at this stage, those engaged in such on-farm and other outdoor activities are reminded that it is illegal to start veld fires.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
• Fluctuation of temperatures between night and day may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Veld fires are extensive so farmers are expected to construct fire guards that are at least 9 metres wide and free of burning vegetative matter.
• Astronomers and potential astronomers can take advantage of the clear skies to see stars and planets.
• Keep hydrated and avoid prolonged periods of direct sunlight exposure, especially between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm when the sun is at peak intensity.
• All farmers are urged to reduce the amount of grass on their farms and residential properties through hay baling, thatch and broom grass harvesting as a fire prevention measure.
• Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
Min tomorrow 12 11 08 08 09 10 06 10 11 10 07 08 Max tomorrow 29 27 27 25 28 30 25 30 33 30 26 25
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
VICTORIA FALLS: Mostly sunny and warm 11 33 KARIBA: Sunny and warm 16 34 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Cloudy and windy with a slight chance of drizzle 08 25 NYANGA: Partly cloudy and mild 06 19 VUMBA: Partly cloudy and mild 07 22 MATOPOS: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of drizzle 08 26 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of drizzle 12 24
WEATHER FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 08 SEPTEMBER 2022
Clear skies are expected in most parts of the country, except for some parts of Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces which should be partly cloudy in the morning and mostly sunny in the afternoon.