The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 05 – 07 July 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 05 JULY 2022 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 07 JULY 2022.
There was fog (cloud touching the around/mountain) in the Eastern Highlands into Mashonaland East. This suppressed the extent of ground frost; with Nyanga and Henderson having moderate around frost, while Matopos (which was less humid) had severe ground frost. Notably, the atmosphere continues to dry out increasing the probability and severity of the ground frost.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY 06 JULY 2022
Severe ground frost is expected in Matopos, with a moderate ground frost in Nyanga, Henderson, Masvingo, Gweru and Marondera. However, morning fog is still probable in higher altitudes of the Eastern Highlands, namely Chisengu, Chimanimani, Chisengu, Mukandi and Nyanga. Generally, clear skies are anticipated over the country, with cold morning conditions. It should be mild by afternoon becoming windy cold towards evening, more felt in Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces.
• Fog (a visible aerosol that forms when humid air is rapidly cooled near the ground) diminishes visibility and increases the chances of accidents.
• Cold morning and evening conditions may affect the body’s health, with colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
• Crops may be affected by ground frost in frost-prone areas.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Avoid driving (or walking) in Fog conditions; if need be have lights that are dimmed (or reflective clothing) to improve visibility.
• Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
• Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
• Consider frost mitigation measures such as irrigating overnight.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
Min tomorrow 06 09 05 08 08 05 05 09 06 08 05 06 Max tomorrow 24 24 23 25 25 26 23 25 28 25 23 26
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS Temperatures
Centre Details Min Max VICTORIA FALLS: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first 08 25 KARIBA: Mostly sunny and mild 11 28 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first 05 23 NYANGA: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first 00 20 VUMBA: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first 08 24 MATOPOS: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first -01 24 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly sunny and mild but cold at first 09 21
Windy and cool conditions by day are anticipated in Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces; with brief cloudy periods being probable in districts such as Beitbridge, Chiredzi and Chipinge. All other areas are expected to have mostly clear skies and mild daytime conditions with a light breeze time and again. Cold conditions are anticipated both morning and overnight with a ground frost in wind-shielded areas.