The Meteorological Services Department of Zimbabwe has released a weather report and forecast for the period 04 – 06 August 2022. Pindula News presents the report and forecast below:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 04 AUGUST 2022 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 06 AUGUST 2022.
Localised cloudy conditions were experienced this morning in an area covering Mashonaland East and Central Provinces and Harare Metropolitan Province. In all other areas, clear skies were dominating. It was cold in the morning in all areas with slight ground frost reported at Nyanga and Mukandi.
FORECASTS FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 05 AUGUST 2022
It should be sunny in most areas. It is expected to be cold both in the morning and evening but warm during the day. Slight ground frost is most likely in places such as Matopos, Nyanga and Henderson.
• FIRE SEASON: Wind exacerbates the spread of veldt fires
• Cold conditions may affect the body’s health, with common colds, influenza, and fever, as well as asthma, being common.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations
• Dress appropriately to keep warm especially overnight, and ensure vulnerable members of society are warm as well.
• When braziers are in use, please ensure the room is well ventilated.
• Poultry producers should check temperature levels regularly and adjustments made to reduce bird mortality and increase productivity.
• Field crops that may be affected by rain need to be stored in a dry place.
• Drive cautiously, especially when visibility has been diminished by fog or cloud-induced darkness.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
Min tomorrow 10 11 09 11 10 11 09 10 09 10 10 11 Max tomorrow 27 29 27 27 30 31 30 30 30 28 27 31
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
VICTORIA FALLS: Mostly clear skies and warm conditions 13 31 KARIBA: Mostly clear skies and warm conditions 16 30 GREAT ZIMBABWE: Mostly clear skies and warm conditions 09 30 NYANGA: Mostly clear skies and mild conditions 08 25 VUMBA: Mostly clear skies and mild conditions 08 27 MATOPOS: Mostly clear skies and warm conditions 08 29 CHIMANIMANI: Mostly clear skies and mild conditions 08 27
All areas are expected to be sunny with cool morning conditions on SATURDAY 06 AUGUST 2022 becoming warm from midday. Slight ground frost is probable in susceptible areas (Matopos, West Nicholson, Kezi, Gweru, Nyanga, Marondera, Henderson and Belvedere).