ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 18 OCTOBER 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2021.
The westerly cloud band which was affecting most parts of the country resulted in scattered thunderstorms and rain across the country yesterday.
Notable rainfalls received this morning at meteorological stations are Masvingo (6mm) and Zvishavane (4mm).
The cloud band has drifted eastwards of the country, meanwhile, pressure is rising on the South East coast of Southern Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 19 OCTOBER 2021.
It is expected to be cloudy and windy with cool morning conditions accompanied by light drizzle in areas such as Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces.
Areas such as Harare Metropolitan, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Matabeleland North, Midlands, Mashonaland West and Central Provinces should be under brief cloudy and windy conditions.
It should be cool at first, becoming warm by the afternoon. An odd shower remains probable.
- High temperatures may cause dehydration and heat exhaustion. Vulnerable members of society (children, the elderly or ill) are particularly susceptible as well as those engaged in outdoor work or activity.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated during the day by drinking adequate amounts of water. If one needs to be out in the direct sun, please carry an umbrella or wear a wide-brimmed hat. If possible wear sunscreen.
- Constantly follow the weather updates on the official platform in the footer of this page. Be Weather-Ready and Always Prepared.
- Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions (insecticide spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets).
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
- Victoria Falls: Cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 22/28)
- Kariba: Partly cloudy and mild (Temperatures – 24/33)
- Great Zimbabwe: Overcast and cool (Temperatures – 15/18)
- Nyanga: Overcast and cool (Temperatures – 15/16)
- Vumba: Overcast and cool (Temperatures – 14/21)
- Matopos: Cloudy and cool (Temperatures – 12/22)
- Chimanimani: Overcast and cool (Temperatures – 12/10)
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2021
Matabeleland South, Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East and Central, Harare Metropolitan and Bulawayo Metropolitan Provinces should be under cloudy and windy conditions with patchy morning drizzle.
Partly cloudy conditions are projected over the remainder of the country (Matabeleland North, Midlands and Mashonaland West Provinces).
Cool morning conditions are anticipated, becoming mild by daytime.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department