The Zimbabwe Consulate in South Africa has extended the time for applications for birth certificates and passports to clear the backlog. The special intervention is scheduled to run from the 3rd to the 17th of October 2022. In a statement seen by Pindula News, the consulate advised members of the public that the consulates do not have agents who act on their behalf. Reads the statement dated 26 September 2022:
SPECIAL INTERVENTION AIMED AT DEPLETING THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND PASSPORT APPLICATIONS BACKLOG: 3 TO 17 OCTOBER 2022
Please be advised that the Consulate will carry out a special consular intervention in response to a continued high demand for birth certificate registration and passport applications in South Africa. The exercise will stretch from 3 to 17 October 2022.
During this period, the Consulate will be operating as follows: –
• Open every day, including Saturdays and Sundays, from 0730 to 1600 hours for birth certificate and passport applications.
• Increase the number of appointments from 400 to 1000 per day, at a pace of 100 bookings per hour.
• As usual, the booking platform will open for new bookings every Wednesday at 1600 hours.
• Applicants are strongly encouraged to adhere to the allocated time given the need to manage the number of people within the Consulate premises at any given time ALL EARLY ARRIVALS WILL BE TURNED BAG
• Clients seeking other services such as Temporary Travel Documents 17TD), Cancellation of Passports, Authentication of Documents among others, still do not require prior booking in order to access service they will however be assisted strictly during weekdays between 0900 and 1130 hours.
• Clearances for the repatriation of human remains for burial in Zimbabwe will continue to be strictly processed during weekdays via the existing electronic platforms.
Please take note of the following.
• All consular appointments are free of charge
• The Zimbabwe Embassy in Pretoria and the two Consulates, namely, Zimbabwe Consulate in Johannesburg and the Zimbabwe Consulate in Cape Town, do not have agents who act on their behalf.
• To book for an appointment, clients should use the following link: https://www.zimbabweconsulate.co.za/appointment
• Clients are advised to strictly use the identity details of the person requiring service when scheduling an appointment.
For further interaction with the Consulate on all issues of mutual interest, please use the following official channels:-
• Facebook page: ZImbabweconsulate Boeing Rood Bedfordview
• Twitter: Zimbabweconsulatejhb
• WhatsApp: +27828249435
• Emal: email@example.com
• Website: www.zimconsulate.co.zw