The Zimbabwe Football Association (ZIFA) board has suspended the Premier Soccer League chief executive officer, Kenny Ndebele and all the congress members who signed a petition calling for an Emergency General Meeting, which was supposed to be held on Saturday. ZIFA is attempting to block the meeting scheduled for the 3rd of April 3. Last week FIFA ruled that the ZIFA executive committee should organise the meeting by April 3 failure to which the Congress can hold the meeting. ZIFA president Felton Kamambo and Philemon Machana are set to lose their posts at that meeting as they are accused of abusing COVID-19 relief funds from FIFA and CAF as well as concealing match-fixing and sexual abuse allegations. Pindula News presents a letter by ZIFA of Ndebele’s suspension and grounds for the suspension:
RE: IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION AS A FOOTBALL OFFICIAL/ PSL CEO -PREMIER SOCCER LEAGUE (PSL).
The above matter refers.
The Zimbabwe Football Association, by copy of this letter hereby, inform you of your provisional suspension which has been occasioned by several acts of misconduct.
A detailed charge sheet on your alleged misconduct is herewith attached whereupon you shall be subjected to standard due disciplinary processes.
The Association, by copy of this correspondence, hereby request that you cease, with immediate effect, conduct of any Association football business in Zimbabwe.
For and on behalf of ZIFA
ANNEXURE A 28 January 2022
Mr Kenny Ndebele Allegations
1. Holding illegal meeting which included Martin Kweza, Sweeney Mushonga, Kenny Ndebele and SRC members plotting the illegal removal of a constitutionally elected ZIFA Board
2. Fraudulent misled some PSL Clubs that the current Board members wanted to trim the PSL representation in council from present 18 to 6 in the constitutional review when in fact it was Mr Kweza and Mr Mushonga who brought that contribution through what they presented in writing as the Northern Region constitutional input to the new ZIFA Constitution. This was done to create anger and resentment from PSL towards some current serving Board members when in actual fact it was the two who suggested this (Attached Annexure A — Norther Region Constitutional Contribution)
3. Plotting with SRC and Kenny Ndebele to cause football to be ungovernable while misleading some delegates of the safety during restructuring until the removal of some of the current ZIFA Board Members wherein it was clandestinely agreed that the duo of Kweza and Mushonga were to be spared from the SRC restructuring targeted at the majority of council delegates. It was the agreed resolution that for assisting to remove some current Board members and help SRC achieve it objective without attracting FIFA censor of interference, the duo of Kweza and Mushonga will in return be set for ZIFA President and General Secretary respectively. One such meeting was held at Cresta Oasis between Kenny Ndebele and Sweeney Mushonga (evidence and witnesses will be led during hearings).
4. Putting football into disrepute and caused alarm and despondence through several press statements wherein you alleged several unproved transgressions on the current ZIFA Board, made utterances that the current Board was holding football at ransom, that their days in office were numbered, that the current board members were intimidating Congress Delegates through written threats all along knowing this to be untrue and without any shrewd of sustainable evidence.
5. Supporting third party interferences in football through utterances that support the SRC action on the Board even in instances where the ultimate football authority had ruled on that matter.
6. Putting football into disrepute and caused alarm and despondence through several press statements wherein you alleged several unproved transgressions on the current ZIFA Board, made utterances that the current Board was holding football at ransom, that their days in office were numbered, that the current board members were intimidating Congress Delegates through written threats all along knowing this to be untrue and without any shrewd of sustainable evidence.