A Nigerian Twitter user, Abiola posted a thread to help fellow Nigerians (and Africans) get an idea of how to study in Finland. We post here the thread in full for the benefit of our community on zero.pindula.co.zw who might not have access to Twitter.
For those that have access to Twitter and want to ask Abiola questions, the thread is on this link: https://twitter.com/Abismart21/status/1559902680859959299
Today makes it exactly a year since I moved to Finland. From now, I am willing to assist 20 people who are interested to come to Finland in August 2023 as well.
Route: Affordable Education Bachelors, Masters or PhD.
1. Educational requirements: You should have a […] Bsc or master’s certificate and be interested in a bachelor’s , Master’s or PhD degree programme.
2. Cost. a. Between 0 – US $7 000 as tuition fee depending on scholarship you receive b. Sponsorship
What you get.
1. World class universities
2. International exposure
3. Beautiful country & people
4. Work while studying 30hrs/week
5. Permanent residence after 2 years of graduation & working
6. Citizenship after 5 years if you pass the language test.
My service is to help you decide to come to Finland and provide you with the necessary guidelines to aid your plans.
If coming for Msc, now is the right time to plan to write IELTS. for Bachelor’s degree there is no need to 5.
Joint applications start in January, 2023
Here are answers to the commonly asked questions:
1. Due to the interests this thread is generating it would be impracticable to limit/select 20 people nor to answer all my DMs, hence, I created a telegram group to offer the services I stated above. https://t.co/oJDj20R6B5
2. I can only advise based on your interest in going through the study route, I do not know about work or any other route.
3. For MSc, writing IELTS would increase your chances of applying to different schools, application is free of charge.
4. Bsc does not require IELTS but you would take a simple test and have an interactive session with fellow applicants where your English proficiency is confirmed.
5. Obtaining a BSc education takes 3.5years, but you can complete it in 2.5 or 3 years if you have the capacity.
6. Yes, you can come with your family, if you have the funds to take care of them at the time you apply for the Finnish RP. There are other benefits attached to coming with your family, but we will discuss them later.
7. I do not know if HND is accepted.
8. No, two sitting results are not accepted.
9. For MSc studies you can get a tuition-free scholarship. BSc, it is rare to get a full scholarship. Ph.D. & Postdoc is usually fully funded. However, for Ph.D. and Postdoc, you will need to put in a lot of work.