Pindula
Register Login

Three Kids Die After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms

Three Kids Die After Eating Poisonous Mushrooms

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) has announced that three children from Chivhu died after eating poisonous mushrooms. Two children received treatment and survived, according to a police statement obtained by Pindula News. Reads the report:

DEATH OF THREE JUVENILES DUE TO MUSHROOM POISONING IN CHIVHU

The Zimbabwe Republic Police is investigating the circumstances in which three girls, Prudence Mhangami (12), Leona Zarura (2 years 8 months) and Mazvita Taderera (1 year 8 months) of Village 10 Magamba, Chivhu, died after consuming some mushrooms, while Tatenda Mhangami (9) and Tendai Mhangami (7) survived after being treated at Sally Mugabe Hospital, Harare.

The Police got to know about this sad incident through the media as the relatives had not bothered to report.

Prudence Mhangami died on 14th January 2023 whilst admitted at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, while Leona Zarura and Mazvita Taderera died upon admission at Sally Mugabe Hospital.

The post-mortem conducted on the bodies of Mazvita Taderera and Leona Zarura concluded that death was due to mushroom poisoning, while post mortem report for Prudence Mhangami is yet to be received.

The Zimbabwe Republic Police is concerned that Prudence Mhangami’s relatives intended to bury her without a post-mortem being conducted, as such the police had no option but to stop the burial process to allow the post-mortem to be conducted.

Investigations carried by the Police have established that on 10th January 2023 the victims, who were staying with their grandparents, consumed some mushrooms which were picked by Prudence Mhangami from a neighbouring homestead, despite her grandfather warning her against cooking the mushrooms.

The Zimbabwe Republic Police implores parents and guardians to monitor the food being consumed by children in order to safeguard their lives. The public should not pick wild mushrooms indiscriminately without due regard for safety. We urge traditional leaders, school authorities and communities to educate both adults and the youths on the dangers of picking mushrooms in bushes.

In view of this unfortunate incident, the Police urges the public to be cautious with mushroom vendors who offer wares along street corners and highways.

(NYATHI. P) Assistant Commissioner Senior Staff Officer (Press and Public Relations) to the Commissioner General of Police Police General Headquarters

More Pindula News

Share Article

Sponsored

17 Comments

Fire🔥 1 week ago

Zvatotanga soo


1 week ago

Siyanai nehohwa uhwu,kutoseva nemunhu kurinani kana mashaiisisa usavi


Fire🔥 1 week ago

Kwaaaa iwewo soo kuseva nemunhu sei

1 week ago

*munyu*

1 week ago

Ndo zvinhu zvnofanira kunge zvchidzidziswa vana kuchikoro kwete kuita basa rekudzidzisa zvaana Tshaka naMbuya nehanda


1 week ago

Wakurasha rudzi manje kna wodaro,nehanda mudzimu unoera

siyoyo 1 week ago

so sad😭😭


Sponsored

furnace 1 week ago

what's a mbuya nehanda😳? unoti dai midzimu ichishanda nyika yaitambura kudai here


Anonymous 1 week ago

Taura hako

Wekunyanya 1 week ago

What I know is in Zim,everyone who died trying to "liberate" our country died for nothing...


Lady 1 week ago

Iwe takaifira nyika ino

Firelady 1 week ago

Zvorwadza kani 😭😭😭😭


1 week ago

Kkkkkkk chemai vna veduweeee


Shylet maphorisa 1 week ago

Kkkkkkk chemai vna veduweeee


gora 1 week ago

rest in eternal peace zororai murugare


cid 1 week ago

@Lady,,,wakakura nyika iwe uri pa pindula


Firelady 1 week ago

Kwaaaa ZvaLady zvekufira nyika izvi ndazvitadza , kkkkkkkk apa uripano chitiudza mafiro awakaita 😀😀😀


Leave a comment


Recent News


News Categories



Feedback