Pindula
Register Login

SA: 3 Children Die After Eating Packet Of Noodles

SA: 3 Children Die After Eating Packet Of Noodles

Three children, including a toddler, died after eating a packet of noodles on Sunday during a visit to relatives in New Brighton, in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.

Police spokesperson Colonel Priscilla Naidu confirmed the incident, saying police are investigating an inquest following the deaths of the three children, Sinothando Ngwendu (11), Olwam Ngwendu (7), and four-month-old Athenkosi Ngwendu.

Sinothando Ngwendu is a cousin to Olwam and Athenkosi Ngwendu. Said Naidu:

It is alleged that on Saturday, 6 November 2021, the three children accompanied their grandparents on a visit to relatives in New Brighton.

The children stayed over and on Sunday, the 11-year-old girl went to the shop and bought a packet of noodles.

It is believed the girl cooked the packet of noodles and the children ate it before leaving to go back to Motherwell.

Naidu said all three children allegedly ate from the same packet of noodles. She said:

When the children arrived home in Motherwell, Sinothando complained of feeling nauseous. Her grandmother gave her some water to drink.

Olwam also complained of stomach cramps and nausea. While being driven with private transport to the Motherwell clinic, they passed away.

She said the shortly after Sinothando and Olwam were taken to the hospital, the baby also passed away while en route to a hospital in another vehicle.

A post mortem will be conducted to establish the exact cause of their deaths.

More: The South African


Share Article

Sponsored

More

12 Comments

Emmanuel Njiva 6 months ago

Mogotiudzawo maresults epostmoterm


Nothando Nyatanga 6 months ago

May their souls rest in peace


chiringa 6 months ago

shame zvopisa tsitsi


Hello its Naidoo not Naidu 6 months ago

What a sad ending. May their souls rest in eternal peace.
But there could be some poisoning somewhere somehow because as far as i know expired noodles do not kill.


Respect 6 months ago

4 and its just the grandma on ground no breast milk


steadman 6 months ago

pava kushanda juju apa mati zvichiri zvoga hre


Sponsored

More
Angela Kanyemba 6 months ago

mmmm 4 month baby? Was she already eating? I'm so very sorry.


Gogodera 6 months ago

Cooked and Packard food they became food poison yu must always check the expire date


Jay 6 months ago

Sure 4 months aita mudiki. May their souls RIP. Sad news


Mai Tee 6 months ago

Aha shame RIP children bt four mnth old baby anga avekutodya ma noodles here mmm


Watsvamutomati 6 months ago

Zvinosiririsa umm very sorry

Chifinhuboss 6 months ago

Im left with that same question


Leave a comment


Recent News


News Categories



Give us a Feedback