The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has said reserve money recorded an increase during the week that ended 3 December 2021 compared to the previous week that ended 19 November 2021. Pindula News presents the central bank’s update:
1. Reserve money increased by ZW$298.68 million to ZW$28.25 billion during the week ending 3rd December 2021, compared to the previous week’s position of ZW$27.95 billion.
2. The rise in reserve money largely reflected increases of ZW$163.27 million and ZW$143.27 million in required reserves and currency issued,
respectively. Government deposits at the Central Bank declined by ZW$4.27 billion, resulting in some liquidity injections into the market.
3. Partially offsetting the increase was a decline of ZW$7.86 million in banks’ liquidity (RTGS balances) at the Reserve Bank.
- RBZ: Reserve Money Update As At 19 November 2021
- RBZ: Reserve Money Update As At 12 November 2021
- RBZ: Reserve Money Update As At 5 November 2021
- Reserves Update 29/10/2021: RBZ Reserve Money In Sharp Decline
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 22 October 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 15 October 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 08 October 2021
- Reserve Money At The RBZ As Of 10 September 2021