Pindula
Register Login

RBZ Forex Auction: Allotments And Payments For January And February 2022

RBZ Forex Auction: Allotments And Payments For January And February 2022

The governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ), John Mangudya has issued a statement on foreign exchange auction allotments for February 2022 and foreign exchange for the period January to February 2022. In a statement, seen by Pindula News, Mangudya said 823 individuals/organisations benefited from US$120 143 752 that was alloted under the main auction in February. Said Mangudya:

FOREIGN EXCHANGE AUCTION ALLOTMENTS FOR FEBRUARY 2022 AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE PAYMENTS FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY TO FEBRUARY 2022

In line with the Bank’s commitment to regularly keep the public informed of developments in the foreign exchange market, the Bank hereby publishes the following:

1. A list of the 823 beneficiaries of US$120 143 752 allotted under the Main Foreign Exchange Auction during the month of February 2022;

2. A list of the 1 897 beneficiaries of US$28 565 721 allotted under the SMEs Foreign Exchange Auction during the month of February 2022; and

3. A schedule showing the total foreign exchange payments for the 2 months, by source, amounting to US$1 160 872 112 broken down as follows: –

(i) foreign currency accounts (US$925 999 087),

(ii) the Foreign Exchange Auction Allotments (US$218 351 521); and

(iii) the interbank market (US$16 521 504).

The bulk of the funds allotted at the auction during the month of February 2022 (64%) went towards payment for raw materials (US$54 354 527) and machinery and equipment (US$39 429 531), with the remaining 36% of the total allotments going towards payment for consumables (US$17 217 323), services (US$11 552 570), retail and distribution (US$15 366 912), pharmaceuticals and chemicals (US$6 743 499), packaging (US$3 840 155) and fuel, electricity and gas (US$204 956), as shown in the tables below.

The total foreign exchange auction allotments for January and February 2022 is US$218 351 521, bringing the cumulative allotments since inception of the Foreign Exchange Auction System to US$2 814 732 334.

John P Mangudya Governor

Download: AUCTION-ALLOTMENTS-FOR-FEBRUARY-2022

More: Pindula News

Share Article

Sponsored

More

1 Comments

Zimdollar 3 months ago

Mukawona vanhu vasinga comment on a news article, it means that it is irrelevant & full of falsehood.



Leave a comment


Recent News


News Categories



Give us Feedback